Monday 7 June 2010

Pro-Wrestling - For those who don't care, don't read

Well here comes the first report on a world that most of us were engrossed in at the age of 10 and eventually left.

Yes I am on about Pro-Wrestling.

However in this blog rather than focusing on the company formally known as the WWF I will look at stories on WWE and TNA.

First on the agenda I must say my piece on Dave Batista. His backstage issues with everyone did eventually seeped into his character and the writers did not have a hard job in making him the utter dick-head heel which, in fairness he did a surprisingly good job of playing in my view. His character however did go through several years of not being cared about from after his first comeback from injury 4 years ago (wow a long time ago) until his heel turn in late '09. While he is a hard worker I do doubt he'll be remembered as a legend as much as he might be portrayed as such in the future. On the upside he did have one of the best Spinebuster's in the game.

Secondly, Fatal Four Way. Hmmmm, a good match idea, but an awful pay-per-view concept. It shouldn't be the focus of a pay-per-view, just like TLC and Hell in a Cell shouldn't be either. Anyway I am not Vince I can't do anything about it, so lets see how this ends up.

First of all looking at the Raw main event. Cena vs Edge vs Orton vs Sheamus: Firstly I am yet to be convinced by Sheamus. While he is working damned hard and is over in the arenas I really don't think he is worth very much, not a main eventer anyway. Secondly when will the stop pushing Cena, despite his work rate he really does suck in the ring for the most part and his writers do suck in terms of promos. Only 2 people worth their salt in this match are Edge and Orton as unlike a lot of people I am fan of the basically silent Randy Orton and Edge will always be entertaining for me. Prediction - Cena/Orton, the winner to have the title match with Wade Barrett probably on Raw rather than at a pay-per-view.

Small things - Continue Evan Bourne's Push! I LOVE HIS ENTRANCE THEME! Also get Brian Danielson some kind of massive push so he can show how good he is in the ring.

The Smackdown main event seems decent enough, the match has to bring the Undertaker kayfabe injury into it, perhaps the revealing of who is behind his 'attack'. However for those who don't know Rey Mysterio was a bit stiff on his moves mid match and his 619 broke his orbital bone (eye socket), nose and gave him a concussion so it is possible (but stupid) to bring him into it and i am suspecting that it'll be either a Kane Swerve, Swagger or Big Show. Prediction - Swagger to win and help improve his standing as the World Champion.

Now onto matters TNA: Slamivesery is coming up. I am incredibly looking forward to see this Anderson/Jeff Hardy tag team. Should be really odd and funny if this Anderson face turn doesn't last for only 2-3 weeks and he turns on him. Also intrigued by RVD vs Sting simply because Sting is better than he has been in several years and RVD was always one of my favourties. Prediction - Sting to win and be the best heel champion since Kurt Angle in the Main Event Mafia. I do not like Kurt Angle's current storyline but however I do believe that he is still the best performer on the mainstream circuit and hopefully his match with Kazarian should be excellent.

Small things - GET HALL OUT OF THERE! He has been the biggest waste of space in the business for more than 10 years, when will Dixie Carter realise that and fire him and get rid of the ridiculous NWO-type group as with Waltman's going away it is needless now in my view. And I am glad Hernandez is back.

That is me done on pro wrestling, I will have more once Slammiversery and Fatal Four Way are done and dusted.

Peace and Love

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment