Sunday 27 June 2010

I'm glad we're going out of the cup.

Apparently, it is 4-1 with 13 minutes to go in the football as I start to write, I have no doubt it'll be full time by the time I finish this entry.

Anyway, as I have said in my blog, I am happy that the football team are gonna be headed home from South Africa any minute now. Football is not the only thing going on in purely the sporting world and it is in fact the only situation (as is always the case) where the British are actually doing badly:

  • In Formula 1, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button have finished in the top 3 together in the last 3 races and lead the World Drivers Championship and Mclaren lead the constructors championship also.
  • Andy Murray is doing well at Wimbledon and he has a good chance of a semi-final (which would be a fine achievement).
  • The Cricket team is turning into the best limited overs team in the world with what looks like it going to be a series victory of Australia for the first time in 5 years.
  • Even the Rugby Union team has beaten Australia twice in a row which hasen't happened in even longer than that.
  • We hold more than 10 Olympic and World Championship gold medals with a fine bunch of track and field athletes as well as great swimmers, rowers and other great people.

So why in the name of all that is Winston-bloody-Chruchill when the nearest sniff of a Football match taking place and the (i'm gonna get in real trouble for saying this with football fans reading this but here it goes) REAL SPORTSMEN who put more effort in their craft than their sponsorship and hairdos who are doing the country they are representing really proud and this bunch of arrogant, selfish, uncaring, pampered, whimpish, overpaid people win one game by the skin of their teeth (by that I mean Slovenia) and all of a sudden the good work by the likes of Jenson Button, Paul Collingwood, Rebbecca Adlington, Johnny Wilkinson and Andy Murray (I know he's Scottish, but I support him, because he a great tennis player, who cares) is forgotten.

I am not angry even though I sound that way.

I just genuinely think that people need to stop caring, take down the Sun's England flags, stop treating this bunch of people like heroes and get back on with your ordinary lives as I expect 50% of you reading this blog don't watch football.

Anyone who has a problem with anything I've said, take it up with me on my facebook. Congratulations to Germany as apparently it is full time as I type this.

Coming up next a report on today's European Grand Prix, which was won by Vettel (congrats to him)

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment